Did you ever wonder what the differences and similarities are between the various river cruise lines?
River cruise itineraries are offered on waterways throughout Europe, Russia, Africa, South East Asia and China. Sitting on deck or on your balcony watching the rich tapestry of scenery unfold before you while you get to your next port of call is a seductive escape from reality.
They are an all inclusive vacation that include gourmet meals with wine and beer and most shore excursions. Dining is single or open seating and the dress is country club casual. Amenities typically include fitness centers, internet cafes and spas. Some ships even have pools. Onboard entertainment can be local music, wine tasting or lectures by local experts.
A big advantage is that the small ship size allows you to dock in the heart of some of Europe’s most famous cities or small villages in Vietnam and allow you to engage in some of the best game viewing in Africa.
When you cruise with AmaWaterways, you don’t simply visit a destination, you experience it. That experience begins from the moment you step on board, when you are greeted by courteous, professional crew. Enjoy a champagne welcome as you meet your fellow guests and local wines, as well as beer and sodas which are included with each open-seating dinner. Dinners consist of regional cuisine with special local selections as well as foods that are familiar.
AmaWaterways is the premier river cruise line on Europe’s Danube, Rhine, Main, Mosel and Rhône rivers. Known for its custom-designed ships, extensive complimentary amenities and personalized service levels, AmaWaterways consistently leads the way in river cruising. With destinations traveling through Europe, Russia, Vietnam and Cambodia, and new voyages to Africa and Portugal.
In addition to the European destinations, AmaWaterways offers the separate and distinct AmaVoyages to Vietnam and Cambodia and is the only cruise line offering a luxury safari river cruise in Africa.
(I'm a link)
- AWARD WINNING: Uniworld is the world's ONLY authentic boutique luxury cruise line™ offering a five-star luxury experience. Consistently recognized by Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, Uniworld delivers an unparalleled luxury cruise experience with uncompromising value.
- Unique: The unique partnership with the five-star Red Carnation Hotel Collection means Uniworld is able to offer a luxury boutique hotel experience onboard our ships. That, combined with an average ship capacity of just 130 guests, makes Uniworld the world’s ONLY authentic boutique cruise line.
- Stylish Luxury: Lavishly appointed ships are individually designed and decorated with the finest furnishings, inspiring art, and modern conveniences.
- Top Dining: Uniworld—the world’s ONLY river cruise line recognized by the Zagat® Cruise Lines Survey for “Top Dining”—features meals flawlessly prepared using the freshest ingredients, which are often brought onboard from local farmers’ markets.
- Genuine Hospitality: Uniworld’s staff is trained with the philosophy “No request too large, no detail too small.”
- Exquisite Riverview Staterooms: Uniworld— the world’s ONLY river cruise line recognized by Zagat® Cruise Lines Survey for “Top Cabins”—provides the perfect private retreat with handcrafted Savoir® of England beds—bedmakers to the finest hotels— draped in sumptuous linens, and an array of pillow options. Our gleaming marble-clad bathrooms offer every convenience, including L’Occitane bath amenities, plush towels, soft robes, and slippers.
- Expertise: Uniworld handles all aspects of our nautical, hospitality, and hotel management, as well as our onshore programs, so nothing is ever left to chance.
- Personalized Excursions: With Uniworld’s included “Choice Is Yours,” “Go Active,” and “Gentle Walking” programs, you can customize your travel experience even more.
- Enriching Experiences: Through integrated onboard and onshore programs, Uniworld provides a 360º encounter with each exciting port of call. Signature Lectures, intriguing onboard entertainment, and exclusive excursions available only to Uniworld guests immerse you in the history, tradition, and culture of each stop on your itinerary.
- Unparalled Value: Uniworld provides you with a value-packed, all-inclusive trip of a lifetime to Europe, Russia, Egypt, China Vietnam & Cambodia.
(I'm a link)
Inspiring destinations, beautifully crafted itineraries, expert tour guides, luxurious ships, fine cuisine, excellent service, remarkable value—our success as a luxury cruise line is defined by all these things, and something else, too: personal attention to every detail. It’s the way the bartender has your drink ready for you, at just the right time. It’s the gentle guidance from your tai chi master in a lesson you take while sailing along the Yangtze. It’s the handwritten directions from your concierge to the best coffeehouse in Vienna.
Cruise in Asia, including trips to Vietnam & Cambodia, Russia, the Ukraine and Egypt.
The Most Award-Winning River Cruise Line
We have consistently placed high on competitive rankings like Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List, Reader’s Choice and Best Small Ships awards; andTravel + Leisure’s World’s Best; we have also been honored by prestigious international organizations like the World Travel Awards. Meanwhile, travel agents have recognized us with awards includingTravelAge West’s Best Line for River Cruising andTravel Weekly’s #1 River Cruise Line. And Viking is featured in National Geographic’s The 10 Best of Everything.
French Country Waterways is known and trusted for operating the finest fleet of luxury hotel barges cruising on France's inland waterways. Our deluxe barges, Adrienne, Horizon II, Nenuphar, and Princess have been carefully designed and outfitted to provide unparalleled passenger comfort. Extensive annual refurbishments and meticulous maintenance ensure that each of our vessels meets the highest standards of quality and safety.
Nowhere in the world is fine food approached with more reverence than in France. Drawing upon this rich culinary heritage, French Country Waterways' chefs skillfully blend classic cooking techniques with the current trend to lighter, healthier cuisine. The results of this synthesis of styles are fresh, creative dishes which are equal to any from the best kitchens in France.
Aboard our intimate, luxury barges, which accomodates 6-12 passengers, you will find the gracious ambiance of a fine country inn. Warm wood panelling, handsome provincial furnishings and plush carpets combine in an atmosphere of informal elegance. And you will be served by a friendly, bi-lingual staff who specializes in making your cruise the holiday of a lifetime.